Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dancing Dogs

Many of you who read this blog already know that I'm into dog training with Sage and you've seen the agility videos to prove it!  Well, the other part of my training that I've done with Sage is obedience.  In fact, we started our beginning obedience class within a week of my adopting Sage and have moved on from there.  We take classes at the Longmont Humane Society and I have been very impressed!  Sage and I are now in the ACES class which is their highest level of training and it is so much fun! 

Each year at the big fundraiser for LHS the ACES class does a demonstration of dog training skills.  Last year I could only watch as they played musical chairs.  That looked fun but what we're doing this year will be even better!  This year's demo will be dancing dogs, we are training behaviors that will get put together as a dance routine with all the handlers and dogs.  No video of us yet, but we're having a lot of fun!  I just wish all this snow would melt so we could work more in the back yard! 

This week with class, we were sent a video to watch of a similar routines.  I just loved this, doesn't the first dog look a little like Sage and the second dog look a bit like Maverick only smaller?  I would love for Carrie and I someday to do something similar with our two pups! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, we definitely have to do this. It just looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that looks like lots of fun! Sorta reminds me of "Ebony and Ivory"!

      Delete